So Mother's day came and went a week or two ago. ( Really? Has it been two weeks already? Wow)
I had thought that I would have my son go with me to the Shephard's Sheep and Wool festival that is held here in Minnesota every Mother's day weekend. I've never been to the wool show and every year I vow I will go next year but for whatever reason, I am never able to make good on my promise. I guess I will have to renew my vow again because this year was no exception.
It was poor planning on my part, I forgot to ask off work so I had to work the entire weekend. As it turned out the weather was cold and rainy for most of the weekend and I didn't feel quite so bad about missing it this year, the working all weekend part was hard though. I've developed Plantar fasciitis in my left foot which makes standing and walking on concrete floors for eight hours a pretty miserable experience. However, all was not lost I did receive a very nice card from each of my daughters and this card from my Mom, in which she enclosed a really lovely book mark that she made. Isn't it pretty? The lady has skills, I love it. ( It's mine, you can't have it, my mommy made it for me.)
My son Buckman gave me a wood cutting board which he has promised to burn a design on for me one day. There's a story behind that, which I won't go into but I will suffice it to say that I love it. I also received these two flowers as mother's day gifts which I also love, I've been wanting to add these two flowers to my garden for quite some time. My oldest son gave me a hug and a promise which is all good. I feel very loved by my family.
White Lights Azalea
In the mean time....I've been tagged! I've been tagged with this Meme by Dyann:
Seven things to do before I die:
1. Knit a sweater for each of my family members to remember me by. By my calculations that is about twenty five sweaters. I've finished two so far. (I know, I hope to live a long time.)
2. Make a quilt for myself and each of my children and grandchildren if I ever have any.
I have never made a complete quilt yet and still this remains as one of my goals.
3. Paint, print and sculpt and exhibit the masterpiece works of art that I have ideas for that are presently lurking in the corners of my mind...waiting. (Please don't ask me what I'm waiting for. I don't know.)
4. Travel to see the British Isles: England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
5. Be debt free.
6. See that each of my children is happy, healthy and loved.
7. Finish the Forest Path Stole.
Seven things I cannot do:
1. Accurately predict how long it will take to do anything. I'm really hopeless when it comes to figuring out anything that has anything to do with the space/time continuum.
2. Dance, (don't ask me to.)
3. Read music,
4. Follow a pattern as written,
5. Be faithful to one knitting project at a time,
6. Keep a balanced checkbook
7. Explain why I like what I like or Why I do what (or whom) I do.
Seven things that attracted me to my husband:
Ah yes, well, it's been quite awhile ago, let me try to remember.....
1. Wit and...
2. Humor and...
3. Intelligence and aaahm, hmmm...
4. Hands. He has really nice hands. Let's see....
5. I don't know, pretty much the same reasons that everyone else is attracted to him.
6. The rest will have to remain as one of life's great mysteries. Who can say why the heart wants what it wants.
7. It's like I said before I can't explain why I like what I like, it just is.
Seven books that I love:
1. The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas
2. Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austin
3. The Once and Future King by T.H. White
4. The Borrowers by Mary Norton
5. All Creatures Large and Small by James Herriot
6. Little House on the Praire by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maude Montgomery
Here's an optional bonus section for those of you who may be interested:
------- Seven or Eleven SF/Fantasy book series* that I Love-------
1. A Game of Thrones - ( A Song of Fire and Ice series) by George R.R. Martin*
2. Assassin's Apprentice - ( The Farseer Trilogy) by Robin Hobb
3. Ship of Magic (The Live Ship Trilogy) by Robin Hobb
4. Dragon Flight - ( The Pern Series) by Anne McCaffrey**
5. The Dragon and the George (Dragon Knight Series) by Gordon R. Dickson
6. The Sword of Shannara ( Shannara series) by Terry Brooks
7. The Gap into Conflict: The Real Story ( The Gap Series) by Stephen R. Donaldson
8. Lord Foul's Bane (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant) by Stephen R. Donaldson
9. Fortress in the Eye of Time (The Fortress Series) by C.J. Cherryh**
10. Foriegner (Series) by C.J. Cherryh**
11. Kushiel's Dart ( Kushiel Trilogy) by Jaqueline Carey
*There are very few SF/Fantasy books that are not part of a Trilogy.
** Authors that I have not met in person. I could have met Anne McCaffrey but I had to take my son to find a bathroom while my husband and daughter Anne stood in line to see her. Of course, by the time I returned they had already finished their turn and I wasn't going to wait in line again with the kids any longer. So I didn't get to meet her but Ani did, although I'm sure she doesn't even remember.
Seven things I say:
On any given day it goes something like this:
Mother may I ___? Mother will you ___? Mother did you___?
Were you listening to me?
4. I was listening.
What did I just say then?
5. Okay, I wasn't listening.
6. What did I miss? Was it important?
Oh, just forget it.
7. Done. Hey, how are you? How was your day? Anything new?
(Stares and shakes head, then walks away to be replaced by next one in line.)
Repeat the Chorus
Seven movies I've loved: Choose any seven you please:
A Christmas Story
The Sound of Music
The Wizard of Oz
The Little Shop of Horrors
The Nightmare before Christmas
The Princess Bride
Pirates of the Carribean
A Knight's Tale
The Fisher King
The Hudsucker Proxy
A League of Their Own
O' Brother Where Art Thou
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
The Fifth Element
V for Vendetta.
Seven people or more that I'm going to tag for this Meme:
* The entire Ludwig Family: One of you can tell Bow and Thyme since I don't think either of them read this blog. ( and I don't blame them, there's very little here that would interest them.)
10. Bow and
11. Suzi Q
Tag you're it.
Also: For those of you who currently do not have a husband or spouse or spousal equivelant please change the question to: Seven things that attracts you to another person.