It's too damn hot...

... to post that is. With the current record breaking hot streak- nine consecutive days with the temps in the 90's - and no a/c we decided not to have the computer on for most of the day. I was reading mail and checking favorite sights but I didn't take the time to blog. So now that we've been given a slight reprieve from the heat, I have a bit to catch up you up on.

Harlot said it was too hot in Toronto to knit. Pish
I give you Exihbit A., knitting in public. The first annual TCSnB picnic was held in Minnehaha park on Sunday July 10th. There we are knitting in 90+ temps.
And here... although I have it from Corgimom seen here in the green tank that she was actually frogging the purple tank that she is working on.

And here... Checking out the booty at the stash swap.



More booty, some of the door prizes generously donated by local yarn shops and TCSnBers. I myself recieved a knitting accessory kit donated from Zandy's , a handy little thing to have really.





I brought the clothesline as promised and hung out the linen washcloths, These are the cloths from Deepa, Harriet-Lime Dragon and myself. Aren't they just,( to quote my dd), fantabulous? I think so. The picnic was good food, good company and great fun. I'm sure to be repeated.

7 Opinions:

Ani said...

Has anyone else besides me noticed how everyone is using the word "fantabulous"? That was so my word! And now someone's gone and made it all public-like and stuff! Even my other word "blarg" was heard coming from the mouth of my friend's dad. I think I AM being spied on!!! *paranoid*

Anonymous said...

Dear Ani,
I have been using fantabulous since I was in High School myself ... many, many ... many ... years ago. And I first saw blarg in print in one of the first Spiderman comics.
No spying involved ...
However, your friends *are* watching you. It's what friends are for. And friends dads ...
- BobL of Q

Kelle said...

OK so you don't like me using "your" word, and I did give you credit for it BTW, would it be better if I used the work fantasmerrific? or how about fangasmic?
Ha Ani, big brother IS watching you. Well, maybe just Q's dad but still.

Bob I'm knitting something for Q. I'll post a picture when it's done. What color are Q's eyes?

Ani said...

*teary eyed* But...but...I thought of the words!!! I'd never heard them, or seen them, before! They were miiiiine!!! *wipes tears away* BLAST!!! Ugh. I quit. I always come second in these things anyway. WAIT!!! Maybe Bob somehow made me think of those words...like...through telepathy, or something neato like that. Hmm...

Mom...you may NOT use the following words: fantasmerrific, fangasmic. ESPECIALLY fangasmic. That just bothers me. *involuntary shudder*

Anonymous said...

Check out dictionary.com. It has two entries for fantabulous.

Anonymous said...

Does your Mother know you're cursing like a sailor on this blog?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Criosa said...

aw, poor Ani. I think I inherited using blarg from my husband - no idea when/where he got it from!

Hey look, I'm pictured on your blog! I feel almost famous. hehe. I really wish I'd bothered to pull my camera out and use it more that day!

~Christy