One for the Money

A big Thank You to all of you who made donations in support of our Team: The Cure-rageous Knitters
Funds in excess of $79,127 was raised during the Relay for Life in Eden Prairie for the American Cancer Society; $2,789 of that was raised by our team the Cure-rageous Knitters; and $579 of that alone was raised by little Livvie, Lisa's daughter who made and sold beaded jewelry to raise money for the team.
Go Livvie! Go Team!

Two For Those We Know

Luminaries were lit, lining the quarter track on both sides, honoring those who are survivors and in loving memory of those we've lost to cancer.

Three to Get Ready...

The first lap after the luminaries are lit is walked in silence to remember. I tried to take pictures of the luminaries of those that I could remember who made donations in memory of their loved ones, I'm sure I didn't get them all and I apologize if you don't see one that you are looking for, I'm sure it was there.
To Have Cancer Be No More!

It is our enduring Goal. It is our fondest Dream. It is our dearest Hope.


We had a great time, walking, knitting, and sharing. To see the pictures of the luminaries and other pictures from the relay, here is a link the Relay for Life set I made on Flicker.

4 Opinions:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. It's an amazing experience, isn't it? I wish I could have been there.

Deb said...

Lovely photos! Thank you for sharing them.

- LisaD. said...

You took some awesome pictures, girl.

Kelly said...

Love the pictures. Sounds like a great event.